Monday, March 23, 2009

eleventh note to self - recharge

It might be time, already, to go back and read what you've written to yourself. Maintaining good habits this weekend was kinda hard. I did okay, but not great. What I need to remember is that great isn't going to happen all the time. Or even most of the time. This is a lifestyle change and I can't expect myself to do great, like ever. Good will be good enough. Good is sustainable. You can do good.

Remember, do not set yourself up for failure with unrealistic goals.
Remember, baby steps. You've had a lifetime to get used to your unhealthiness. It's going to take some time to get used to healthy.
Remember, write here. Come back and read this. I'm 5 minutes into this post and I can already feel a shift in my brain and body. Sounds weird, I'm sure, but it's like writing it down simultaneously lifts me up and grounds me. crazy. It motivates me and reminds me why I'm doing this.

You can do this. You ARE doing this. Keep it up.

me

p.s. oh yeah, down 5 pounds last week.

1 comment: