Monday, March 16, 2009

sixth note to self - verses

Hunger vs. Habit. I can already tell that this is going to be the first of many "hunger verses" questions that I'm going to have with myself. This point was made clear while driving home and talking to peter about the evening plans. It was 5:00 and I felt hungry. Or so I thought. Peter made the comment that it's hard to tell, is it "hunger or habit?" I hadn't thought about habit much before. Which is semi-frightening, actually. But once I did, it didn't take much a minute or two for the belly to quiet down and the thought of food to vanish.

So remember, question yourself. Are you hungry? Really hungry? Does your body need food? Or are you in the habit of eating? Does this place, time, scenario, room, trigger something that makes you feel like you want to eat?

If you are hungry, eat.

If you are continuing a HABIT, don't eat. Easy peasy, right!? (haa!)

me

No comments:

Post a Comment